Château Lagrange is known in history since the Middle Ages under the name of noble house of Lagrange Monteil and one finds the trace of the various owners since 1631. From 1824 the production is of 120 barrels (12 000 cases). In 1842, the former Minister of the Interior of King Louis-Philippe, Count Duchâtel, marks both the property and the Médoc being the initiator of the drainage of the vines. The Count carries the production to 300 tons. It is the great time of Lagrange which in 1855 sees the classification to give him the position of 3rd Cru.